Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Shopping Cart

I don't know why but for some reason I am unable to cruise through the grocery store with a shopping cart. The moment that my hands make contact with the handles of the shopping cart I feel like a fat pregnant mom. Yes, I might as well make my way to the pampers/kotex section. I would much rather kick the two gallons of milk from the dairy isle all the way to the cash register than push the shopping cart. If I am with a girlfriend or woman I might consider pulling it from the front but I still will not physically stand behind it and cruise through the store.
My problem with the shopping cart is the whole concept dealing with carrying, would you ever see a guy with a purse? Maybe a fanny pack but not a purse. Here's the other thing, I enjoy walking out of the store and walking directly to my car. I don't have to deal with my cart accidentally rolling away and hitting the 5 series BMW nearby. The shopping cart is just a huge hassle, its an unnecessary burden that I don't have room for.
What about the shopping carts that only have three active wheels, isn't that extremely annoying? I'm using the thing to help assist me in my shopping adventures not to make a screeching noise and veer me to the right or left randomly. I remember one time in my prehistoric shopping cart days I actually spent a few minutes maintenance one at home depot so that I could move buckets of paints, a complete fail if you ask me. At the end of the day use the shopping cart at your discretion but I think the only time I may actually consider standing behind one is if I'm married and my wife forces me to.
If I'm going to spend an hour or two with the shopping cart you might as well put a cupholder on that thing. When I get behind the shopping cart I actually feel like Im operating some kind of vehicle. Stores might as well place police officer carts and ambulance carts in case of emergencies. "Sir this is the third time you've operated this cart while being under some kind of influence we're going to have to suspend your Giant Bonus Card." Or "Ma'am youve been stopped and double parked in this lane for an hour now we're going to have to fine you, oh and why is the safety belt not strapped on your son while operating this cart? Click it or Ticket." Aside from that I have to deal with shopping cart traffic. Like seriously, I just got out of rush hour and now I'm waiting for Linda to pick what kind of pizza she wants for her two sons Joseph and Mark. Just pick the giant brand your sons wont know the difference.
And what about those people that always have to peep into what you have in your shopping cart. Yes, I am buying 5 bottles of multivitamin gummies, they taste freakin good and I need my Vitamin C. I'm not looking into your cart wondering why you bought two twelve packs of toilet paper, do you live in the bathroom? Keep your eyes to yourself you clown.