Saturday, June 11, 2011

Poppa Bear

So I’ve come to the conclusion that the coolest thing to call your dad is “pops”. Father sounds like you’re begging him for forgiveness or you’re asking for his praise in your house. As the head of the household he carries that title but it just blows it up and really degrades the children. Dad sounds way too whiny and a tool that works as an arm for financial support. Most of the time I affiliate the word “Dad” with playing catch and sometimes even going to a sports event together. The word ‘baba’ which comes from Arabic households sounds too much like pita bread or oriental rugs. Every time I hear baba I feel like I’m at a Lebanese bakery or butcher store. I’m not even really a big fan when people say, “that’s my Old Man” it almost sounds like they’re ashamed. That or it was miserable while he was alive because he was so harsh. Papa is no fun either, when I hear Papa i think of a man on a rocking chair with a stick ready to do some beating, no good. Pops is perfect though, not because he pops out to your location from time to time but because it has so many derivatives to it. Poppyseed, Popalicious, Popeye, Popzilla, Popcorn, Popaloosa, Pop Lock and Drop it, Popster,Poptart, Pop-a-pimple, Popsicles, Pop stop and roll, and Once you poppa the fun don’t stoppa. These are only a few of the derivatives there are many, many more. The other great thing about Pops is that it matches perfectly with any father whether he’s old, grumpy, sweet, cute, rich, poor, etc. He could be doing the dumbest thing in public and you’d be like “Yeah, that’s my pops.” It just flows that much better.Big Poppa [Explicit]